Monday, September 28, 2009

A Good Weekend

Well lets see. Our family had a pretty good weekend. First of all we went to Mike's cousin Shannon's football game. Shannon is a coach for Mesquite Poteet High School in Mesquite Texas. The Poteet Pirates played their hearts out but lost in the end. Oh well better luck next time guys. On Saturday The Myers Battery along with Heather's Dad, Sister and all 10 of her family went to the Texas State Fair!!! For all yall who are Texans you know that this is a pretty big deal. For all you folks that are not from Texas, it its the largest state fair in the WORLD!! Of course everything in Texas has to be bigger and better...I mean .....this is the state fair where the corn dog was invented. It is also the home to such culinary delights such as fried coke, fried cheesecake, fried PBJ sandwich's, chicken fried bacon and last but not least deep fried butter! We had a blast. The car show was a bit disappointing due to the fact that they had no concept cars just 2010 models. Sunday the Battery went to our home church, Pantego Bible Church.
Mike is a little sad this week because one of his best friends in the whole world, John Folk, got out of the Army and went home on Friday. Mike had been with John since OBC (officer basic course). They deployed together from March 08 to March 09 to Baghdad Iraq. Mike will survive, he is just a little down that yet another good friend and great officer got out.
The Battery is planning to go to Arlington for Halloween so the kids can trick-or-treat in a neighborhood that we know and feel safe in.
Oh before I go....I'm about to piss off alot of Cowboys fans. I think my beloved Cowboys whom I have ALWAYS been a fan, need to get rid of Tony (I'm a giant choke artist) Romo. Sorry just had to get that off my chest.

2 comments:

  1. I with you sister on the Romo send off...
    I am glad you all had a great weekend! :) Wish we could've gone. Glad you enjoyed some heart healthy fried goodies. :) Thinking of last October...our redezvous with Elvis and trick or treating with all of our sweet friends. BIG SNIFF. It's all on MIKE!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the TX state fair. I wish I could have gone this year. Can't believe Halloween is around the corner.

    ReplyDelete